The health and well-being of your Bengal cat are paramount. Besides taking care of their vaccinations and diet, you’ll need to protect them against health risks from pests like fleas and ticks.
Fleas and ticks can make your Bengal cat sick and weak. Ticks cause Lyme disease, a dangerous illness that causes fever, swelling, and pain in cats’ joints and lymph nodes. On the other hand, ticks cause tick paralysis when they attack your Bengal cat.
Quick Summary: Flea and Tick Protection Products
|Flea and Tick Protection Product||Best For|
|1.||Seresto Flea and Tick Collar||Best Product Overall|
|2.||HartzUltraGuardProMax Flea & Tick Collar||Best for All Cats|
|3.||Flea and Tick Collar for Cat||Best Natural Option|
|4.||Fipukin Flea and Tick Collar||Best Safe & Friendly Option:|
|5.||SOBAKEN Flea Collar for Cats||Best Waterproof Option|
Flea and Tick Protection Products for Bengal Cats – Our Top 5 Choices
Here are the top products that will work best to prevent fleas and ticks from attacking your Bengal cat.
1. Best Product Overall: Seresto Flea and Tick Collar
The Seresto flea and tick collar provide eight months of protection against fleas and ticks. The collar works through contact, keeping the flea and ticks from biting your Bengal companion.
It is odorless and free from grease. Immediately, you put it around your Bengal’s neck; it will start working to repel and kill fleas and ticks.
The collar is designed for cats aged ten weeks or older. They are made with Imidacloprid and flumethrin, which control infestation from fleas and kkillicks, respectively. These ingredients are very active.
The collar releases these ingredients in small quantities until they spread all over the cat’s body and offer protection.
2. Best for All Cats: HartzUltraGuardProMax Flea & Tick Collar
The ProMax flea and tick collar from Hartz can be used on all Bengal cats, including kittens. It has two collars made with a patented design to keep your fur buddy comfortable and well-protected.
The collar kills ticks, fleas, their eggs, and larvae to prevent further hatching. It has a long tapered end threaded on a dual buckle system to ensure smooth application.
The breakaway point is meant for mischievous cats. It adds another layer of safety to keep the naughty kitties within their limits. With this product, you are assured of 14 months of protection against ticks and fleas.
It has active ingredients released over your Bengal’s body to repel and kill these pests.
3. Best Natural Option: Flea and Tick Collar for Cat
The ShengKou flea and tick collar are made using naturally sourced plant-based essential oils. It offers natural protection that repels ticks and fleas.
This is a very safe, waterproof collar designed with a light citronella scent and meant for cats ten weeks and older. It has active cinnamon and citronella oil, garlic oil, thyme oil, and lemongrass oil.
It comes with a free flea comb, tick tweezers, an instruction manual, and three months of pest treatment prevention drops.
4. Best Safe & Friendly Option: Fipukin Flea and Tick Collar
If you’re looking for a safe and friendly flea and tick protection product for your furry friend, then the Fipukin collar is the best choice. This product is made from natural herbs and oils. It can effectively repel ticks and fleas and is friendly and safe for you and your pets.
Fipukin offers 24-hour protection by emitting trace amounts of plant-based essential oils all over your cat’s body.
It’s easy to use, waterproof, and comes with a free tick removal tool, comb, and instruction manual.
5. Best Waterproof Option: SOBAKEN Flea Collar for Cats
This cat collar offers 24-hour protection against fleas and ticks for eight months. It is hypoallergenic for you and your fur buddy.
It’s a very powerful collar containing spearmint oil, clove oil, and citronella essential oil to repel fleas and ticks while preventing flea eggs from hatching. You can use it on young kittens and older cats.
It’s waterproof, which means your Bengal cat will still be protected when she gets wet from pouring rain or swimming.
Preventive Measures against Flea and Tick Infestation
To protect your furry friend from these pests, take the following preventative measures.
- Use pest-killing shampoo when bathing your cat.
- Brush their coat more often, especially after walking them. This will remove any debris and pests that may hide under the skin.
- Check your Bengal’s skin for skin irritations or bite marks. You may notice her scratching herself excessively, indicating an unwanted pest such as a flea or tick has invaded her.
- Look for symptoms like suppressed appetite, inactivity, or changes in your Bengal’s behavior which could indicate Lyme disease. See the vet immediately for treatment.
- Get preventive medicines to protect her against the diseases caused by tick and flea invasion.
- Clean your Bengal’s crate, toys, feeders, and the areas they frequent most.
- Keep the home clean and free from clutter. Vacuum more often to deter pests from infesting your home.
- Mow the lawn and keep any prospective pest breeding grounds well maintained. Tall grass often attracts ticks and fleas.
The selected products can help your Bengal cats stay flea and tick-free for a long time. Caring for your Bengal will make for a happy companion all the time.